Saturday, February 6, 2010

Swim Clinic!

Hello everyone,
I hope I am finding you all in good health. I have been attending some of the boys swim meets and very happy to see all of our girls helping out. It really shows a passion for the sport and for the team. I have heard many stories of winter training, winter USA meets and water polo training that have been very encouraging for our next season. I'm proud of our girls and their commitment to the team, themselves and the sport even in their off season.

Swim Clinic
I have been talking to some swimmers for a while about a swim clinic in Chicago. Information was recently posted for this event and I'd like to pass that on to you if you'd like to attend.

The clinic is head in Oak Brook, a nicer suburb of Chicago, on May 15 and 16 and is one of the most noteworthy clinics in the nation. The clinic offers coaches a chance to learn from Olympic coaches, nutritionists, psychologists and other big names in swimming. It also offers swimmers the chance to work with Olympic swimmers and coaches on drills, techniques and training tips. This year Olympians Brendan Hansen, Dana Vollmer and Aaron Piersol will be working with the swimmers.

I attended this clinic last year and saw some of the cool things that they were doing with the swimmers and thought it would be cool to get a small group of girls to go. The cost is $150 and entry is limited to the first 100 swimmers, so if you want to go, sign up soon because it fills up fast. Please note that while I myself and some of our other coaches may be attending, we cannot supervise your swimmers as our schedules are different most of the day. So please plan on going or making arrangements with another parent to ensure that your daughter is supervised.

If you want to attend you can go on to the Central States Swim Clinic Website and sign up. Do so soon because spots fill up fast! You'll also probably want to make hotel reservations for the event, they fill up pretty quick as well. I hope to have a good group of girls down there with us. Please let me know if you sign up. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment